Sr. Android Developer (f/m/d)
Spark Networks SE is a leading global dating company with a widening portfolio of premium & freemium apps. These brands include Zoosk, EliteSingles, JDate, Christian Mingle, eDarling, JSwipe, Attractive World and Silver Singles, to name a few! Formed in 2017 through the merger of Affinitas GmbH and Spark Networks, Inc., the company has a presence in 29 countries worldwide and is publicly listed on the NYSE American exchange under the ticker symbol “LOV.” The firm continues its steady growth and we are now looking to strengthen our IT Team with a Mobile Engineer (f/m/d) position at our Berlin headquarters.
Sr. Android Developer will work closely with the Product Management, Devs, and UX teams as we operate in small, focused, cross-functional teams using bits of Scrum, Kanban, and a smidge of Extreme Programming. Most of our applications are written in Kotlin and some Java.
As a Sr. Android Developer your mission will be to:
- own key components within our platform. "Owning" means envisioning, designing, creating, building, and supporting
- adopt best practices in software engineering: design, testing, version control, documentation, build, deployment, and operations
- decide the right tool for the job - as our developers feel very comfortable doing this, so should you.
- join and lead discussions around different technologies.
Competencies we are looking for:
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation and good organisation.
- Passion for development.
- Willingness and ability to pick up new languages and frameworks when required.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Proficiency in teaching and leading by example, and mentoring both junior and senior engineers.
- You have experience in building apps that are reusing code across a number of brands.
- If you also have experience in building services using RESTful principles that’s even better.
- You understand the whole stack, and you are a specialist in one or more areas.
- You also feel comfortable writing tests, and adding to a continuous deployment system for mobile.
- Very good English language skills
HEALTH & WELLBEING
- 27 holidays p.a.
- Flexi-time (where possible)
- Urban Sports Club membership (subsidized)
- Weekly in-house Yoga class
- Team sporting events
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
- In-house German language class or Babbel subscription
- Free access to Blinkist library
- Monthly training sessions via the ‘Spark Academy’
- Monthly team insight presentations via the ‘Meet the XX’ series
- Leadership training via the ‘Leadership Circle’ series
- Career development plans
LIFE & LOVE
- Relocation support (visa and registration)
- Company pension (15% company contribution)
- Cooperation with Berlin nursery (“Kita”) chain (no guarantee for free spot)
- BVG ticket discount (public transport)
- Free account on our dating platforms
- Employee discount program in collaboration with hundreds of brands
Friendly working atmosphere with free drinks, lots of food, company parties, team events and great colleagues from all over the world – check out our Career Video to meet your future colleagues!
See why Spark Networks employees love where they work: check out our Glassdoor reviews and kununu reviews!
Let Spark Networks be part of your success story!