Data Warehouse Engineer (f/m/d)
Spark Networks is one of the global leaders in premium online dating with iconic brands as EliteSingles, SilverSingles, Christian Mingle, Jdate, eDarling and Attractive World. After its recent listing on the New York Stock Exchange (ticker: LOV), the firm continues its steady growth and we are now looking to strengthen our IT Team with two Data Warehouse Engineers (f/m/d) at our Berlin headquarters who will report to the Data Warehouse Team Lead.
As Data Warehouse Engineer you will be a valuable part of the team by:
- Prototyping and building a new cloud-based Data Warehouse solution while maintaining the operational ones.
- Potentially becoming a machine learning engineer involved into data science projects.
Compentencies we are looking for:
- Team-player with start-upy spirit.
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation.
- Passion for development.
- Eagerness to learn.
- Willingness and ability to pick up new languages and tools if they suit the task best.
- We have a lot of fun discussing the merits of different technology and we want you to join these conversations.
- Good English (written and verbal)
- Unix/Linux system
- Python, SQL
- Good knowledge of transactional (PostgreSQL) and columnar (AWS Redshift, or Snowflake, or HPE Vertica, or Google BigQuery) DBs
- Experience of Data pipelines architecture
- Experience of working with AWS services (e.g. S3, Glue, EC2, Lambda, CloudWatch)
Nice to haves:
- Experience of working with ETL tools (e.g. Pentaho, Talend, Stitch)
- Machine Learning experience
- An exciting job, where you can really make an impact on the company strategy, assume responsibility and develop professionally, while helping customers find love and happiness.
- Flexible working hours and a modern office in the heart of Berlin with free drinks, snacks and fruits.
- Further development with workshops, a healthy work-life balance, sporting activities, regular team events and much more!
- Company pension scheme.
- Choice between German lessons or Babbel subscription for all new joiners.
- Friendly working atmosphere and great colleagues from all over the world – check out our Career Video to meet your future colleagues! See why Spark Networks employees love where they work: check out our Glassdoor reviews and kununu reviews!
Let Spark Networks be part of your success story!