Data Warehouse Engineer (f/m/d)
Spark Networks is one of the global leaders in premium online dating with iconic brands as EliteSingles, SilverSingles, Christian Mingle, Jdate, eDarling and Attractive World. After its recent listing on the New York Stock Exchange (ticker: LOV), the firm continues its steady growth and we are now looking to strengthen our IT Team with two Data Warehouse Engineers (f/m/d) at our Berlin headquarters who will report to the Data Warehouse Team Lead.
As Data Warehouse Engineer you will be a valuable part of the team by:
- Prototyping and building a new cloud-based Data Warehouse solution while maintaining the operational ones.
- Potentially becoming a machine learning engineer involved into data science projects.
Compentencies we are looking for:
- Team-player with start-upy spirit.
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation.
- Passion for development.
- Eagerness to learn.
- Willingness and ability to pick up new languages and tools if they suit the task best.
- We have a lot of fun discussing the merits of different technology and we want you to join these conversations.
- Good English (written and verbal)
- Unix/Linux system
- Python, SQL
- Good knowledge of transactional (PostgreSQL) and columnar (AWS Redshift, or Snowflake, or HPE Vertica, or Google BigQuery) DBs
- Experience of Data pipelines architecture
- Experience of working with AWS services (e.g. S3, Glue, EC2, Lambda, CloudWatch)
Nice to haves:
- Experience of working with ETL tools (e.g. Pentaho, Talend, Stitch)
- Machine Learning experience
HEALTH & WELLBEING
- 27 holidays p.a.
- Flexi-time (where possible)
- Urban Sports Club membership (subsidized)
- Weekly in-house Yoga class
- Team sporting events
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
- In-house German language class or Babbel subscription
- Free access to Blinkist library
- Monthly training sessions via the ‘Spark Academy’
- Monthly team insight presentations via the ‘Meet the XX’ series
- Leadership training via the ‘Leadership Circle’ series
- Career development plans
LIFE & LOVE
- Relocation support (visa and registration)
- Company pension (15% company contribution)
- Cooperation with Berlin nursery (“Kita”) chain (no guarantee for free spot)
- BVG ticket discount (public transport)
- Free account on our dating platforms
- Employee discount program in collaboration with hundreds of brands
Friendly working atmosphere with free drinks, lots of food, company parties, team events and great colleagues from all over the world – check out our Career Video to meet your future colleagues!
Let Spark Networks be part of your success story!